Young mother hugging her little boy in a field

Child Custody Modification Attorney In Atlanta & Fulton County

There are times when an existing custody order needs to be changed to adapt to changes in your family’s circumstances. While it is possible to modify an existing agreement on your own without court approval– if you and your co-parent agree to the terms – it is often better to clear the change with the court to avoid complications in the future. Fortunately, as long as you can demonstrate to the court that the changes are in the best interests of the children, modifying custody is usually straightforward.

If you are seeking a modification that the other parent does not agree with, you will need to file a motion with the court to obtain the modification. If you are filing a motion, it is important that you put forward a strong argument, one that shows that a “substantial change in circumstances” has occurred.

At O’Driscoll Keller Law Group, LLC we assist clients throughout Atlanta and Fulton County, GA to seek modifications. We can help you to prove that your request for modification is truly in the best interests of your children, and we will fight hard to convince the court on your behalf.

A Substantial Change In Circumstances

There are a variety of situations that could be considered a “substantial change in circumstances”, including a significant move by the custodial parent – one that will significantly impact the stability of the lives of your children – and a change in lifestyle, such as drug addiction. The more disruptive the change is to the children, the more likely the court will grant a modification.

Every family faces different challenges, so the specific details can vary considerably from case to case. As your law firm, it is our job to gather the facts and show the court that your wish for a change is reasonable and in the best interest of the children.

Please contact our divorce attorneys now to learn more about modifying custody orders in Atlanta and surrounding areas. We are here to answer your questions and help you protect your loved ones.